Update by user Dec 15, 2016

I received an email from hoverboarder.com this morning stating pretty much the same thing as the website says and telling me to contact my bank for a refund.I am still waiting on a refund to be issued via Visa.

I have put a copy of the email below:

Dear Meg,

In cooperation with the CPSC (United States Consumer Product Safety Commission), Hoverboarder.com will be ceasing all operations, and as recommended by the agency, we will no longer be shipping any of our hoverboards.

IF YOU PLACED AN ORDER THAT WAS NOT RECEIVED YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REQUEST A REFUND.

Instructions To Obtain a Refund

1) Contact your credit card provider by calling the phone number on the back of the card. 2) Inform them that you would like to dispute a charge from Hoverboarder.com 3) Provide them with any relevant information regarding the transaction. NOTE: We are receiving a lot of requests for us to issue a refund. The reason we are unable to personally issue refunds is because all of our money was used to purchase inventory to fulfill our customer's orders.

After receiving notice from the CPSC that we cannot ship our boards, we are left without any capital to personally issue refunds.We are now out of business, the only way to get a refund is to contact your credit card company and request a chargeback If you need any further instructions, please call us at 866-981-2737, Monday-Friday 10am-5pm.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2016

Scam!I ordered a hoverboard on Dec.

1st, 2016. I received an email stating they are experiencing shipping delay and please allow 3 to 5 business days for the item to ship. After this time had passed, I began trying to contact the company to find out when this order would ship as it was a Christmas gift. Days passed with no return emails, phone calls or communication from the company, only an automated voice mail when you call.

I started looking further into the company (which I should have done before I ever ordered), they have a 100% negative review rate on BBB, every review I read on other website states the company took their money and they never received a product or were able to contact the company. I went to my bank and disputed the charge, had to sign an affidavit and am waiting on the funds to be put back into my account pending their investigation.

I now have no money or enough time to find a replacement hoverboard for my daughter's Christmas present.This company and all involved should be criminally prosecuted for fraud and theft!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. LadyMeg2016 stated that there is a room for improvement of product was never shippedno contact from the company. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of hoverboarder shipping service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Hoverboarder needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hoverboarder shipping service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hoverboarder.

Had an Experience with Hoverboarder?

Comments

Ocala, Florida, United States #1265142

I also purchased 2 houser boards from houverboard.com.I did receive both just before Christmas and neither one even worked.For 200 bucks each I thought they may work lol.So I called no answer so went to web site and there it was Out of Buissness sign ...went to my bank and yes they knew all about them.They are terrible people and should be in jail for ruining kids Christmas shame on them.

Acworth, Georgia, United States #1260475

Same thing!!! Company is stating they have no money to issue refunds!! Scam!

Walnut Creek, California, United States #1256116

I ordered on November 26th.I received a notice that a shipping label had been created on December 7th.

They never shipped board and would not answer my calls or emails. I ordered another board from EVINE.

I contacted my bank and filed a dispute.I got my money back but it still sucks.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1255458

The same with me placed my order in December 2nd now the automated system is saying that the GOVERNMENT shut them down and they can't sale no more Hoverboards nit shipping any more and to get your money back contact the bank I am also hurt this is my daughters CHRISTMAS PRESENT as well really where are the Santas helpers more like the Grinch who stole CHRISTMAS

Los Angeles, California, United States #1255393

I called the # it doesn't even work. Did you receive refund from them? I would like to know how

LadyMeg2016
to Anonymous Johnson City, Tennessee, United States #1255470

The website is now shut down and has a message stating that in compliance with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, they will no longer be shipping any hoverboards.This is actually a false statement as the USCPSC has no knowledge of any action taken against this website on their.

I was advised to file a complaint with the FTC and the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I've linked them both below. The more people who report this, the better chance we have of getting these people prosecuted.

Your credit card company or your bank will refund your money but you may have to file an affidavit or provide them with proof of purchase.

It took me about 20 minutes at the bank to fill out the necessary paperwork. I have saved digital and hard copies of the email that Hoverboarder sent me, as well as the bank/credit card statement, the FTC complaint, the BBB and the ICCC complaint I filed and a screenshot of the current www.hoverboarder.com website for proof. This was more than enough evidence for them to investigate and file my dispute. I was told they have up to 60 days by law to put the money back into my account but, they usually try to refund you within a couple of weeks.

I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions about the steps I've taken to the best of my ability.

Below are the links to file federal complaints against this company.I've also listed the managers name and the last known address of the business since you will...

ICCC: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx?#

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6#crnt

BBB: https://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/pages/business-reviews/online-retailer/hoverboarder-in-miami-fl-90313924/file-a-complaint

Business Information: Name of Business: Hoverboarder Manager: Jimmy Temkin  132 NE 22nd St Suite 2  Miami, Florida 33137  Phone: 1­866­981­2737  Website : http://www.hoverboarder.com  Email: Support@hoverboarder.com

Los Angeles, California, United States #1255389

Please let's not let them get away with this

Los Angeles, California, United States #1255385

The same thing happened to me!I ordered it on December 1 for my Son.

I wish I had researched it before...I agree with about prosecuting this crooks.

Portland, Oregon, United States #1254992

Same thing has happened to me as well. I've called my bank to dispute it! I will definitely call the number!

Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States #1254970

The posting on his website is a "way out" I called the US Comsumer Product Safety Commission. They said they have already heard of this and they didn't cease his operations. That he made that up.