I received a hover board that I ordered for my daughters Christmas present and set it aside without opening the box.wife pulled it out a week ago to charge it for Christmas and it was the wrong color.

I email them with no response and 2 days later I send another email. now I get a response saying u.s. consumer affairs shut them down and no one answers the phone. so is this thing that unsafe?

does it burst into flames? what is the deal? now I am wondering if it is even safe to give to my kid?

No one will call me back as I have called twice with no success.I feel if they are selling a unsafe product then we are due a refund.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Hoverboarder. The most disappointing about hoverboard from Hoverboarder was unusable unsafe product Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hoverboarder.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Hoverboarder to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Hoverboarder?

Comments

Richmond, Virginia, United States #1302645

I know.My son saved his money up and purchased back in October and nervous to have him riding on it and sitting in our garage.

I looked all over the board and don't even see a serial #? I called the CPSC but they can't tell me if its safe or not.

They said only the manufacturer can tell you that but they are out of business.At this point I am more concerned with the safety of having my child/ his friends on this and also sitting in my garage to possibly catch fire.

I would like to know the same thing - I bought one of these boards in November.It took over a month and when I finally got it it was the wrong color, however, it worked fine so my son was fine with it.

It looks like its a Swagway X2 - what concerns me is there is no certifications on the board itself and now that the company is shut down I'm afraid that this may either cause fire or maybe it's even a recalled one.I can probably dispute the charge with my credit card company but I wonder if I was a "lucky" one or if it's worth it to have.

Arvada, Colorado, United States #1262603

We received a board from these jerks too.It worked for a few hours and then broke.

When I found the website was shut down I checked the serial # on our board and discovered this was a recalled board. This company is re-selling recalled boards, so no they are not safe. If you received a board from them check the serial # because chances are it's not a safe board.

You should be able to dispute the charge with your bank as fraud.Good luck!

to AB Shamokin, Pennsylvania, United States #1271907

where can you find out if it was recalled? my mom purchased one of these for my children from this company and 2 months later it stopped working and can't contact the company and she's out $310!! any insight would be great!!

Augusta, Georgia, United States #1258428

I'd like to know the same thing. I just received mine and haven't opened it yet..if something is wrong with it what can be done about it